01 November 2008

Tambourine

I planned to do this craft with my kids a long time ago but if you remembered me saying the shop that sells these bells had run out of stock. More like no longer selling them to me.

Anyway, I found Daiso selling the bells (much bigger and cheaper!) , 20 a pack for $2. I bought a pack. :)

My daughter fell asleep in the late evening today and was not able to sleep at her usual bedtime. So I decided to do this with her without my son. He can always do it on his own tomorrow. :)



Materials needed:

  • 1 Paper Plate
  • 10 Bells or any quatity you like
  • 10 Pipe Cleaners or according to the no. of bells you have
  • Colouring Medium (optional)


How to do it:
  1. If you like, draw a picture on the bottom of the plate for your child to colour.
  2. 'String' the bells with the pipe cleaners.
  3. Punch holes on the edge of the plate leaving a side free for your child to hold later.
  4. Twist pipe cleaner with the bell through the punched hole to secure it.
  5. If your child is very young, you might want to tape the lose end of the pipe cleaners to the plate (side without the picture), so as not to poke him.
  6. Now make so music!

Older Crafts Home

Subscribe to Little Craft Box

 Subscribe in a reader

Recieve new craft via email.
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner
for The Little Craft Box

Get new crafts delivered to your feeder

Link The Little Craft Box

Visit The Little Craft Box

Ads by Google