I planned to do this craft with my kids a long time ago but if you remembered me saying the shop that sells these bells had run out of stock. More like no longer selling them to me.
Anyway, I found Daiso selling the bells (much bigger and cheaper!) , 20 a pack for $2. I bought a pack. :)
My daughter fell asleep in the late evening today and was not able to sleep at her usual bedtime. So I decided to do this with her without my son. He can always do it on his own tomorrow. :)
- 1 Paper Plate
- 10 Bells or any quatity you like
- 10 Pipe Cleaners or according to the no. of bells you have
- Colouring Medium (optional)
How to do it:
- If you like, draw a picture on the bottom of the plate for your child to colour.
- 'String' the bells with the pipe cleaners.
- Punch holes on the edge of the plate leaving a side free for your child to hold later.
- Twist pipe cleaner with the bell through the punched hole to secure it.
- If your child is very young, you might want to tape the lose end of the pipe cleaners to the plate (side without the picture), so as not to poke him.
- Now make so music!